We all have to face the aging process at some point. Many consider using surgery to help slow it down, but wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to help smooth out those age lines without painful and invasive methods?
You’re in luck! Technologies now exist that give you the results you want without having to go under the knife. That includes cutting-edge treatments in cosmetic laser dentistry, like SmoothLase.
Non-invasive and simple, the SmoothLase treatment will leave you with immediate results and long-lasting smiles with just a few sessions.
So, what’s it all about? Let’s have a look at this ultimate guide to exploring SmoothLase, and what this innovative, non-surgical and non-invasive laser spa treatment can do for you.
What is SmoothLase
Essentially, SmoothLase is the tightening of the skin around facial areas by the use of a laser.
A laser for skin improvement? Sure, most know there’s nothing new about that. The difference between SmoothLase and other laser skin technologies is that this laser spa treatment revitalizes skin from the inside out.
Most skin laser treatments use actions that penetrate the skin from the outside. SmoothLase actually works its magic from inside your mouth.
So, no downtime and no restrictions.
The laser handpiece is introduced intra-orally. The laser then emits pulses of light into the surrounding tissue.
From there, the laser promotes production of elastin and collagen around the face without damaging the inside or outside.
The end result is smoother-looking skin because of increased tightening and plumping of around the areas of the jawline, cheeks, lips, and mouth. It also is beneficial to other areas of your face such as the nasolabial folds and skin under the eyes.
More youthful skin also means less chance of fungal and bacterial infections around the mouth.
Exploring Smoothlase has a range of benefits over other anti-aging procedures. Let’s look at a few associated with this particular laser spa treatment.
What Are the Main Benefits of SmoothLase?
- There are no radical changes to the facial structure as would be seen with plastic surgeries. This is the best option if you’re looking for an alternative to going under the knife.
- Noticeable and gradual effects.
- No foreign substances are placed onto or injected into the skin.
- The treatments are short and no major time commitments are required.
- Treatments can be done while having regular dental check-ups or cleanings, or on your lunch break!
- Treat and go. Get on with the rest of your day after a session.
- No medications are required before or after treatments.
- Treatments do not require any pre-preparation before a treatment.
- No sun sensitivity or redness.
- No scarring or bruising.
- No restrictions afterward.
Why You Should Try This Laser Spa Treatment
Our skin, when in its younger years, constantly regenerates, renews, and replaces skin cells. As we age our bodies slow down this process and in turn, the production of elastin, collagen and other essential proteins that keep skin looking youthful is slowly lost.
In fact, our skin is said to lose around 1% of its collagen every year once we hit the age of thirty!
So, what can we do about it? There are a few things.
Sometimes all our body needs is a bit of stimulation to wake up the production of these much-loved rejuvenators. You can help it along with SmoothLase treatments. The power of our body is an amazing thing.
Am I a Candidate?
This is not a structure-altering treatment like plastic surgery, as an example. This is also not a treatment that uses foreign substances like fillers and toxins to plump out lips and facial lines.
This is a treatment dedicated to boosting your body’s natural properties for the overall benefit of better-looking skin and to harness the power of our body’s predisposition for regeneration.
What Can I Do To Maintain Once I Have Treatments?
Glad you’re thinking about the future!
Like any treatment for the betterment of your health, maintaining a regimen and making changes is an essential mindset for the continued success of laser treatments. One touch-up every six months is all you need! Looking at lifestyle and diet are also tied to the long-term result we pursue.
What we want to aim for is to curb the damage that loss of skin proteins will have on the future of our skin.
Your laser spa dentist can help you achieve the look you want, but this is also a team effort!
Keeping the following points in mind will help maintain collagen and prevent further sagging and wrinkles.
- Limit exposure to UV rays. The sun is a skin damager. Use a high-numbered sunscreen whenever outdoors.
- Reduce smoking. Quitting is one of the best things you can do for your overall health.
- Cut down on alcohol. Alcohol is a dehydrator so it makes sense to have a break from it or reduce consumption.
- Look at your prescription drugs. Some may be dehydrating for your skin. Do your research and talk to your doctor.
- Change your diet. Try to increase the intake of Vitamins A, C, and E. Look into supplements if you feel your diet is lacking.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
The healthier you are the better.
When our bodies are healthier, they don’t have to try so hard to keep our skin glowing.
Our skin is the biggest organ we have. It’s good to treat it well!
Think of it as whole-body health.
Your skin will thank you.
The benefits of laser spa treatments begin to be visible within just a few sessions. Keep your family and friends guessing when they give you a second look and ask, “What’s different about you?” You’ve simply discovered SmoothLase for healthier, more youthful skin from the inside out.
Ready for a new you? Wear that gorgeous smile and enhance your skin with SmoothLase. Contact us for all the information you will need to know about this innovative and welcomed spa laser treatment.